If you are a Black female youth or know one in crisis, please consider the following resources:
- In Emergency or Need Urgent Medical Support: Call 911.
- Talk Suicide Canada: If you or someone you know is contemplating suicide, you can reach out to Talk Suicide Canada at 1-833-456-4566. Support is available 24/7.
- Gender-Based Violence: If you are experiencing gender-based violence, there are crisis lines available in every province and territory to provide immediate support.
Mental Health and Substance Use
If you or a Black female youth you know is struggling with mental health or substance use, consider the following resource:
- Wellness Together Canada: Connect with a mental health professional one-on-one:
Visit Wellness Together Canada for access to various levels of support, including one-on-one counselling, articles, self-guided courses, and peer support.
For Youth and Young Adults
- Kids Help Phone: Call 1-800-668-6868 (toll-free) or text CONNECT to 686868. This service is available 24/7 to Canadians aged 5 to 29, providing confidential and anonymous care from trained responders. Visit the Kids Help Phone website for online chat support and access to resources for youth.
Remember, there is support available specifically tailored to Black female youth. Reach out to these resources for the help and care you need.